Car accidents have become so embedded in our culture that they have become a fact of life.
Everyone has a car, or rides a bus, or uses taxis.
No one is riding around on horses anymore.
As a result, car accidents happen, but it is usually due to someone's carelessness, or unsafe conditions on the road.
Cars are very rarely to blame for accidents.
Most motor vehicle accidents can be avoided if everyone pays attention to the road while they're driving.
We have a general idea of how car accidents happen and the impact they have on people's lives, but there are some facts surrounding cars and car accidents that are relatively unknown.
Check out our related post: chiropractic care after car accidents - 7 reasons why it works.
So, in honor of everyone's favorite form of transportation, we have compiled 31 weird and wonderful car facts you probably don't know about.
Table of Contents
- 31 Odd and Interesting Car Accident Facts
- Car Accidents and Personal Injuries
- Advanced Injury Care Clinic
31 Odd and Interesting Car Accident Facts
- Until 1973, some car transmissions took whale oil.
- The world’s first speeding ticket was issued in 1904, clocking in at a whopping 12mph.
- There are about 135,000,000 cars on the roads in the U.S. every day.
- China is the world's leading manufacturer of cars, producing about 24 million cars a year.
- 40% of fatal accidents involve alcohol.
- A modern Formula 1 car can drive upside down in a tunnel at 120mph, producing 3.5G while cornering.
- 60 million cars are produced every year. That breaks down to 165,000 a day, 6,875 an hour and 115 a minute.
- It is estimated that a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life while operating a car or truck. How many times have you done it today?
- 1 billion cars are currently in use around the world. That’s about one car for every seven people on Earth.
- The first car used a lever and not a steering wheel to maneuver the car.
- Americans spend 19 full work days a year stuck in traffic.
- The windshield wiper was invented by Mary Anderson before Henry Ford made the Model A. Her window cleaning device became standard on all automobiles in America in 1916.
- Driving straight up at 60mph, It would take less than a month to get to the moon by car.
- Most car accidents occur within 3 miles of the driver’s home.
- The average car contains over 30,000 unique parts. It's surprising they don't break down more often!
- Each year approximately 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses.
- 75% of all cars produced by Rolls Royce are still on the road.
- The most deadly type of car accident is a vehicle rollover.
- Volkswagen owns twelve well-known car brands. They own brands like Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Scania and MAN.
- Research has found that men cause twice as many accidents as women.
- The first ever car accident occurred in 1891.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed.
- The most expensive speeding ticket was 299,000 Swiss francs, or just under $290,000. The driver was speeding through a small village at 85 miles per hour, 35 mph over the speed limit. He was driving a ref Ferrari.
- When you talk on a cell phone while driving you are increasing your chance of being in an accident by 400%.
- The world record for removing and replacing a car engine is 42 seconds.
- The average text message takes 4.6 seconds to write and send. That takes your eyes off of the road long enough to drive the length of a football field blind if you are traveling at 55 miles per hour.
- The odds of dying in a car accident are around 1 in 5,000. Compare that to a 1 in 11 million chance of dying in a plane crash.
- Since you've started reading this list there have been about four car accidents. Statistics show that car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds, and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
- The man who invented cruise control was blind.
- The record for most miles on a car is 3,000,000 miles on a 1966 Volvo 1800S.
- A Bugatti is the fastest car in the world, clocking in at 304 mph.
Car Accidents And Personal Injuries
Car accidents are the most deadly and most common type of personal injury.
Car accidents can often result in serious physical harm that can significantly impact your life.
If you were injured in a car accident, the first tow things you should do is see a doctor and get a car accident attorney.
Even if you don't feel like you've been injured, you should still see a doctor because sometimes injury symptoms won't show up until hours or days after the accident.
Many people choose to see a chiropractor after an accident because they are trained to deal with soft tissue injuries that are very common after car accidents.
If the wreck was due to someone else's negligence, you should speak to a personal injury attorney right away so they can help you navigate the complicated legal system.
Advanced Injury Care Clinic
Advanced Injury Care Clinic has spent years learning and perfecting the recovery process.
Those years of study has led to the conclusion that the best way to help injury victims is by providing them with Chiropractic Care and referrals to top personal injury attorney’s in their area.
By providing patients with chiropractic care and attorney referrals, AICC gives them the best opportunity to heal from their injuries with treatment that is not damaging or dangerous, as well as obtain financial compensation for their damages.
If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident, contact Advanced Injury Care to schedule a Free Consultation.